id='Header1

4.28.2016

Mom Salute: Tonya



Tonya with her 6 kids: Ella, Ava, Mia, Adam, Brigham, and Olivia
(Photography by Tonya)

Tonya Goettsche has been married to her husband Jason for 14 years and they have six beautiful children. In addition to wife and mother, she is a photographer (Tonya Joy Photography), an accomplished triathlete, and an overall life beautifier. In her "spare time" (ha!) she's currently training for a full ironman (Go Tonya!). She and her family live in Southern California. Alycia, who knows Tonya through her photography business and nominated her for a salute, summed up my thoughts as I learned more about this amazing lady when she wrote "Tonya is one of those women that you just are in complete awe of." You're sure to be inspired as you read what a few people had to say about the recipient of this week's salute.

Alycia said this about Tonya:

"At first I knew her as Tonya the photographer. She photographed my wedding and captured the day and all those special moments so beautifully. You could easily think she is amazing from her successful photography business and her talent in that area alone but that doesn’t even scratch the surface of her. At the time of my wedding she had four little ones and I remember asking her how she managed her business and family. She said she didn’t take every job, she knew her limits, and she found a balance. Then I became friends with her on Facebook and Instagram and saw the real Tonya--Tonya the mother.  
"In the past 5 years since I’ve known her she has added two more cute blondies to the bunch. She’s a "Pinterest mom" for sure, but not to impress people or show off, that’s just her. She really is capable of that level of incredible and she does it to make life beautiful and fun for her family. She will put up a lace canopy in the yard for her kids to study under with their friends, make original logos for Girls Camp T-shirts, design and sew gorgeous ball gown taffeta dresses for a family photo shoot, have themed dinners with perfectly coordinating place cards, gift tags, table runners etc.  
"Tonya is a wonderful example of a person that is developing her talents in the service of others. And it’s clear she blesses many lives. She creates so much beauty around her and finds humor in the difficulties that come with raising many littles. One thing that has really touched me is her openness in finding peace and joy with her sweet little son Brigham who was diagnosed with Autism right after she had her sixth child Olivia. Tonya has shown such grace in her heartbreak and leads a beautiful example of accepting your children as they are and loving them fiercely as you help them through life’s challenges. She has and continues to inspire me to find and more importantly create joy in the beauty of motherhood!"

Tonya's sister Gena shared these sweet words:

"While I'd love to point out all of the amazing things that Tonya has accomplished in her life while being a mother (like juggling a photography business, being a fitness inspiration, being a talented and trained R.N., putting together beautifully styled photography workshops/shoots), the thing that I admire most about Tonya has nothing to do with any of those amazing things. What I admire most about Tonya is how she always gives her heart and love freely. I believe that is what makes her such a great mother and such a successful person.  
"She is the type of person who will go out of her way to share a hug with someone down, share a laugh with someone who needs cheering up, truly compliment someone who needs a boost, and listen to someone who needs to talk. She adores her kids and builds them up daily. She juggles a daily schedule that most average people would throw their hands up in the air and give up on. She is the kind of person who loves my own kids (her nieces and nephews) as much as I do! She is my best friend. She accepts people the way they are and is very vocal about building others up. She is my inspiration and mom-idol and is one of the most amazing, loving people I have ever met! 
"One of my favorite memories of Tonya is from when I was very, very young, probably two or three years old. She is ten years older than me and I remember when I was little, she would dress me up and do my makeup like a princess. It sounds like a silly memory, but I still remember how Tonya always made me feel so special, even by such a silly thing like dress up. I see her through my grown up eyes now when she interacts with my own children and I understand. Tonya has always had a gift of showing others the true beauty in themselves. She has a gift of showing others how valuable they really are!"

Her husband Jason obviously knows what a lucky man he is. He wrote:


"It is very easy for me to write about my wonderful wife and the mother of our six children. Tonya is the love of my life and an incredibly talented and loving woman. She loves having babies and if I let her we would have two or three more probably. She makes being a mother number one in her life although she has many other talents and interests. 
"Our daughters are lucky to have her guidance and are blessed by her creativity and abilities as a homemaker. Little do they know how hard Tonya works each day so that they can have clean clothes, a clean, pretty house and delicious food morning, noon and night. Not only do they have nice clothes but from the time they were little many of their outfits were handmade with love by Mommy. Tonya loves decorating and redecorating their rooms and the house in general with fashionable colors and furniture. Family pictures are found everywhere and inspirational quotes as well.  
"For meals our family is blessed to have the best cook around. We often enjoy homemade flour tortillas, homemade bread, homemade pizza, calzones, focaccia, yummy desserts--you get the picture. She picks up and drops off, watches sports practices and games, school plays, and everything else you can imagine. She helps with homework and is involved with our youngest son's ABA therapy. 
"In addition to all the time she dedicates to being a good mother, Tonya has been able to develop many other talents. She is an accomplished photographer and has mentored many other photographers along the way. She teaches herself many things including how to develop her own website and has accomplished many home improvement projects without my help. She has always been very athletic and has recently become a very impressive triathlete.  She has finished in the top tier of her age group in every triathlon in which she has competed and is training for a full ironman event this summer. I could go on forever. 
"It is very easy to see why I love this woman so much I and am so thankful that she is my wife and eternal companion. Oh, and one more thing--she is totally HOT!!!"

Can't help but smile after that, can you? In the "about me" section on her photography blog, the first way Tonya describes herself is as a mother. It's clear she cherishes that role and magnifies it beautifully. Tonya, you are one amazing woman and mom and for that, we give you a big 'ol collective salute! 



***Is there a mom in your life who deserves to be publicly recognized for the good she is doing, big or small? We publish a salute to one woman each week, so if there's a mom you'd like to give a public shoutout, let us know! It could be your own mother, sister, sister-in-law, wife, friend, neighbor, or even a stranger you witnessed rocking motherhood on the playground or in the aisles of Target.

Join me in saluting some of the amazing moms out there!****

No comments :