id='Header1

4.06.2014

Mr. 2 Year Old

This little guy turned two on April 2nd! He truly is an absolute joy and brings so much fun and happiness to our family.  He is by far our most independent child and can keep himself busy playing in the toy room or the sandbox out back for an hour or more.  I am grateful to have at least one little one who gives Mama a break once in a while!  He's talking so, so much and saying tons of new words every day.  At his two year checkup, the pediatrician asked how many words he could say.  I responded, "I don't know, 100?" and he acted totally shocked.  I'm sure lots of two year olds are just as, if not more, verbal than he is, but it's so fun that he can say anything he wants now.  His cute little chattering makes me smile all day long.




He was so excited for his birthday lunch with daddy.  I'm so glad my dad started this fun tradition with my sisters and me and that Byron has continued it with our kids.



If you can't tell from this video, he really, REALLY wanted to eat a cupcake.


"Eat?"  Haha!

We had a little construction themed birthday gathering since Cal is totally obsessed with tractors (and all other vehicles) right now. He can call cement trucks, diggers, tractors, dump trucks, etc. all by name.





Love that this pinterest cake is the easiest idea ever and we already had all the tractors for it.  Just dig a hole in it and crumble up some of what you dug out!  Awesome.



Happy Birthday cute boy!

1 comment :

geri said...

So, so cute!! And I am totally impressed with his vocabulary - Averett has been such a late talker. Such a cutie :)